Are You Looking for a Way to Keep Your Best Employees?
The summer days are almost at an end. And while many families are enjoying the last of these days with their children. the school districts across the nation have already kicked into high gear. With plans for staff welcomes and staff development, educational experts are looking at ways to help their employees approach the school year with the best intentions and the attitude.
Few would argue that in this time when the jobs of schools continues to be increasingly difficult, it is important that teachers are given all of the best tools to make this the best year ever. And while school districts have an opportunity to start over every new school year, the job of getting employees ready for a new job is a constant task for most other employers. With the help of the best employee development training programs, an employer, whether it be a school district or private sector company, it is more likely that employees with be successful at transitioning into a new position.
The benefits of employee training and development programs is that the money and time that you invest in finding the right employees is better protected. Finding a way to keep the best employees involves everything from soft skills training courses to implementing employee incentive programs. In fact, the personal attributes that enable an employee to interact effectively and harmoniously with other employees and managers not only makes the workplace more healthy, these attributes also make companies of all sizes more productive.
Consider some of these facts and figures that can help companies find the best employees, while at the same time make it more likely that these employees will stay on the job through the use of employee development training options:
- Training workers in the use of soft skills can be an effective way to make sure that your work place is more successful. In fact, 77% of employers think personality skills are just as important as hard skills. Furthermore, 16% find them more important.
- Finding and training the best managers is key to successful employee retention. According to statistics, managers account for at least 70% of the variance in employee engagement scores across businesses of all sizes.
- Unfortunately, companies fail in hiring good managers 82% of the time.
- 88% of managers say work ethic and attitude are ?the most important considerations in choosing a candidate.?
- Employee development training programs allow companies to teach both managers and other employees how to be the best kind of worker, from effectively communicating with others to making sure that job specific skills are up to date.
- Immediately finding good leaders is a need for many companies. For instance, 85% of respondents agree that there is an urgent need to accelerate the development of their leaders, according to a University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School and the Human Capital Institute study.
School districts across the nation are the employers who are the busiest these last few days of summer, but all companies need to make sure that they use employee development training programs and other resources to make sure that all workers are ready for their first day on the job.