Five Benefits Of Answering Services For Small Businesses
When it comes to customer service in today’s business world, keeping the customer happy is of the utmost importance.
- A 2016 report from Forbes found that businesses are losing $62 billion per year due to bad customer service.
- Two-thirds of customers are willing to spend more with a particular company, about 13 percent more on average, following an excellent customer service experience.
- Ninety one percent of all U.S. citizens have their mobile device within reach 24/7. That means they can contact a business any time, day or night.
While companies strive to make all customers happy, the sheer volume of calls that some of them get on a daily basis can make it hard to achieve that goal. To make customer service operations run smoother, especially for small businesses, answering service can be a life-saver. Here are five benefits to hiring answering services for small businesses:
- Integrating With A Brand: Today’s answering services for small businesses sound like normal people. Rather than operators sounding like agents, scripts allow agents to get the information that’s important to your business. A script is used as a guideline and those answering the phone will sound like they work for your business rather than just an answering service. Studies show that heavily scripted calls may not be the best approach because they can eliminate empathy and emotion.
Businesses wanting to hire an answering service can feel comfortable that customers will feel like they’re talking to real people and not just agents. Eighty percent of customers prefer to contact a customer service representative over the phone and it pays off. Forrester finds that telephone customer service has the highest satisfaction compared to other customer service channels at 69 percent.
- Scheduling Appointments: In the day-to-day hustle and bustle of running your business, chances are good that you don’t have a lot of time to answer the phone, make appointments or keep your calendar straight. That’s where an answering service comes in. An answering service can take the stress out of scheduling and use your preferred calendar system to schedule times for all your customers and clients. With a reputable answering service in place, you can focus on big picture stuff at your business.
- Collecting Leads: Whether you have a large or small business, chances are good that you receive dozens or hundreds, maybe even thousands of calls per day. No matter the volume, it can be hard to keep up with. Answering services for small businesses can solve that problem. An answering service can help your business with lead collection and get all the essential information on your customers while connecting them with your product or service. Whatever your needs are, an answering service can help. Even if you need someone to take your calls after hours or 24/7, an answering service can help.
- Call Reporting: As previously stated, chances are your business gets a lot of calls. Answering services for small businesses can help you track just how many you’re getting. Whatever information you’re looking for, an answering service can keep track. Want to know how long the average call lasts? Need a list of every phone number that was dialed in the previous month? Want to know about the results of all those calls were? An answering service can help your business answer those questions.
- Order Processing: Customers (75 percent of them in fact) still think the quickest way to get orders processed is over the phone. As a result, your business is likely indicated with dozens of people calling to have their orders filled. Answering services can help you process that information.
Rather than being thought of as an impersonal touch to customer service, answering services for small businesses can offer a lot of help. Whether it’s a 9-to-5 answering service or on call after hours answering services, they can help with lead collection, order processing, customer relations and appointment scheduling.
If you’re company is interested, answering service pricing is available. According to PriceItHere.com, answering service pricing can range from $50-$85 for a monthly call volume up to 50 calls average under a minute. In addition, answering service pricing can cost between $79-$175 for inbound calls ranging from 100 calls to 200. Searching online can help you find the right answering service pricing for your business.